Monday, February 23, 2009

Mika Brzezinski: Leslie Stahl Made Me Cry



"I have to say, I have a job and I'm scared ... We are all scared, up and down the income spectrum," web entrepreneur and CBS News TV newser Leslie Stahl told former Congressman Joe Scarborough on The Joe Scarborough show this morning on WABC. The CBS Newser told of covering Jimmy Carter -- her first President -- and the tough economy then, also she covered the recession under Reagan. Putting the economic crisis into perspective, Stahl said, "we did in the past have this sense of crisis and we had Presidents who felt the weight of the world on their shoulders ... the country's had its problems, Presidents are often gripped with crises -- multiple crises ... but I've lived through very hard times." And, she believes, we will get through this.

Mika Brzezinski talked about her interview with Stahl for Wowowow. "I have not gotten such a visceral response from women to this interview," said Mika. "You were so wonderfully honest and candid .. (about) how shocking it was getting fired and finding another job .. and also working with two teenage daughters," said Stahl. "She could tell I was vulnerable, cut to 10 minutes later and I was crying .. Leslie Stahl just made me cry," replied the cable newser.

Stahl: ".. I wanted to hug you."

No comments: