Friday, December 19, 2008

Why Is Peter Davis Stalking Bernie Madoff?



As if Ponzi-schemer Bernie Madoff didn't have enough on his sordid plate, he is presently being stalked by brocialite Peter Davis. It is not quite the full-on "manhunt" like the Steven Spielberg-stalker, who actually purchased duct tape for the occasion, but it still sounds more than vaguely creepy in a why-are-you sharing-this? kind of way. From Papermag:

"I am obsessed with Bernard L. Madoff and his 50 billion dollar Ponzi scheme. It's all I can read or think about. So when I discovered (by the dozens of cameramen outside his building at 133 E. 64th St.) that he lived two blocks away from me, it was like Xmas came early. Bernie is on house arrest all weekend from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m., so naturally I was outside his building at 8:45 a.m., Venti Starbucks in hand, waiting .."

Sweet bromance! And for those of you who think this is not serious grounds for a bromantic interlude:

"..The owner of A & A Discount One magazine store told me: Madoff 'came in often... He always bought all the business magazines, like Forbes.' I'm staking out Bernie's all weekend... I'll be in touch."


Yikes! Bernie should be pleased to know, however, that he is a feature in Forbes, and probably every other one of his regular business magazines. More here.

And new posts at The Corsair here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why haven't more people thought of this???? New Yorkers are so "blah"when it comes to scandal and intrigue>}:-

The Corsair said...

I bow before Peter Davis' genius.