Thursday, December 13, 2007

Media-Whore D'Oevres



"A gathering of Lucian Freud fans and collectors celebrated the opening of the artist's first-ever solo exhibition at the MoMA in New York, 'Lucian Freud: The Painter's Etchings,' Tuesday evening ... Rufus Wainwright was mesmerized by the artist's treatment of the over-the-top performance artist and designer. 'I'm a big Leigh Bowery fan and I thought that it was one of the great meetings between two dynamic people,' he said. 'They're both such great purists.' Wainwright said he's in New York for a few days before heading off to Montreal for Christmas, 'to enjoy a frozen French-Canadian feast.'"(Fashionweekdaily)

"'I got a call around 5:30 but I was up believe it or not. I think it's such an unbelievable gift to be able to play a character that you can jump into and completely commit to. The greatest compliment I've received was from Tim Robbins who taught me comedia del arte, and its this kind of method of acting that allows me to fully enter the character and get pretty big and expansive with him.'" (Jeremy Piven on his Golden Globe nomination/Variety)

"From the Carolina Herrera boutique, it was back out into the beautiful New York night and a taxi to take me down Fifth Avenue to the brand new penthouse apartment of Wilbur and Hilary Ross ... The elegant new Ross apartment was literally mobbed – and it is a spacious apartment with an enormous spacious terrace, as my pictures give you an idea. There were lots of familiar faces, many of those who see each other in Palm Beach and Southampton, and of course, New York. There were two generations (and sometimes three) of families who’ve grown up together. Many of these people were at Bob Colacello’s book signing but many were not and never would have been. Meaning there are clear diversities in the New York upper sets, and while they mix and mingle, they remain diverse." (NYSocialDiary)

No comments: