Wednesday, November 01, 2006

John Leguizamo, Sexaholic

john_leguizamo_01

(image via provocateuse)

There is a code among actors in Hollywood. However exciting the prospects of a love scene, with, say, Angelina Jolie or George Clooney, one generally says the standard "what's exciting about making out under hot lights and a dozen crew members watching" line. You know and The Corsair knows that it is a crock of shit, but we all keep silent and let them make their magic. Occasionally a macho lowlife like Peter Berg will go on "Dinner for Five" and brag about an infamous sex scene. But egnerally actors keep the Omerta pure. Until John Leguizamo, who scribbles, in his appropriately titled magnum opus "Pimps, Playa Hatas and All the Rest of My hollywood Friends":

"(Y)ou do get turned on sometimes. I've gotten wood ... For me, it's most arousing when ... it's just you and the girl and a tiny essential crew. The it's more relaxed and intimate, and you can find yourself actually getting into the sex. And of course if you're an actor you ask for a lot of takes. Directors tend to be good about that. They want you to enjoy it.

"'How did you feel about take fifty-six, John?'

"'I dunno. I think I can do better. I don't feel like I really nailed her. It.'"

Charmed, I'm sure (Exaggerated cough suggesting feigned detachment)

No comments: