Wednesday, September 28, 2005

David Bowie: "I've Never Been to a Fashion Show"

Ziegfeld Theater

(image via movies.yahoo.com)

Although there is no one more fashionable in rock and roll than The Thin White Duke, this, according to W's Fashion Rocks Supplement:

"Dave Itzkoff: Do you make it to any of the shows during Fashion Week?

"David Bowie: Know something? I've never been to a fashion show in my life.

"DI: Would it surprise you or disappoint you to know that your song 'Fashion' is a staple of these shows?

"Bowie: Well, I know a lot of my music is used. We have to give out licenses for permissions, so it's used all over, frequently in Europe, which I'm very proud of. What am I going to say? (laughs)"

The Corsair is wondering what is more amazing, a) That we have been to two more Fashion Week shows than Bowie, or, b) That musicians actually get fucking paid for their music used on the runways (And if so, how fucking paid is Duran Duran).

2 comments:

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

duran friggin' duran must be paid and made by now.

And what's Bowie talking about? That "walk off" scene in Zoolander doesn't count?

muebles alcobendas said...

Little doubt, the dude is completely just.