Saturday, April 30, 2005

Harvey Keitel: "I Sit ... On Fire"

piano-2

Above: He wouldn't be amused at a funny caption. (image via Michaelnyman)

Harvey Keitel is one plenty intense motherfucker, let me tell you. (The Corsair down a martini) He looks like he possesses an abundance of "the rib busting ox-strength." The Corsair wouldn't want to rub shoulders with him. *The Corsair shudders* Lorraine Bracco, BTW, dated both Keitel and Edward James Olmos? (Then played the infatuation and psychiatrist of a brutal mob boss and a Goodfella's wife) Who likes the dark energy?

Maybe the following will explain why Harvey Keitel wears such an "I'll-eat-your-face" expression so firmly affixed to his puss all the time. Like Harvey's about ready to backhand someone. It's uncanny. According to The Independent:

"Keitel has served his time in therapy and says that it was beneficial, but now his self-exploration has moved on to another plane. 'I'm beginning to have a better time because I'm learning the discipline of Sitting, with a capital S. It has brought me into a relationship with the self that I've been seeking. It's fierce, this place, by the way.

"'A friend asked me once, Harvey, are you a Buddhist?. I said, I Sit. He said, You Sit? in a sarcastic tone. If you meditate, aren't you supposed to be at peace with yourself? If you Sit, why are you so intense all the time? I replied once again, I Sit... on fire. You know, I'm very excited about Sitting,'" he adds."

WTF?! (The Corsair "bolts")

8 comments:

slyboots2 said...

I think he looks like he smells something stinky...like Larry Dobrow. (Snap!)

The Corsair said...

Grrr ... Larry Dobrow ...

(S)wine said...

i thought Bracco was MARRIED once to Keitel. didn't they just settle some kind of messy divorce?

anywaySSSS (is it just me or don't you hate it when people put an 's' at the end of that word), i've been a Keitel fan since "Mean Streets" (aptly named I suppose). And I just so happened to spot him as a "bad guy" (nooooo, really?) in an old Kojak (you know, the one with Telly Savalas) re-run.

smooth.

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

hey - if I did a bomb like Mother, Juggs and Speed I'd sit on fire too...

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

a bomb like MOTHER JUGGS AND SPEED. See, its such a bomb that friggin' Blogger won't even let me type it in.

The Corsair said...

yesyesyes, my mistake: Kaietel married Bracco. Cheers,R

vargaso said...

Yeah, but he's like 2 feet tall, plus he's an actor, so how scary can the guy be? Answer: not very.

Anonymous said...

Great information. Thanks