Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Little of the Old In and Out



Above: Tina Brown, Chris Buckley and (not pictured) the crafty Warren Hogue plot world media domination under soft lighting. "First we kill Rush Limbaugh," offers Tina, gingerly sipping her glass of Romanian baby blood.

In: The Bob Colacello Book Party. Social chronicler David Patrick Columbia noted all the boldface media types who showed up to the clusterfuck that we call the New York Media Game, like CNN's Jeff Greenfield, Michael Kramer of the Daily News, Regis and Joy Philbin, John Podhoretz of the NY Post, and so on ... endless, notes Columbia:

"Mr. Colacello, the Vanity Fair editor and biographer of Andy Warhol knows that the secret of success in publishing is not just the writing of the book, but the promoting too. Long and well connected in media and society circles, his name is able to draw a good crowd anywhere."

Out: Jared Leto. Lindsay today rants a bit about her unpleasant encounter in Talahassee with the doe-eyed star fucking narcissist:

"A note about Douche's looks. Okay, so this guy dates Hollywood starlets and is considered something of a heartthrob, right? Well, all I'm saying is, I'm not a Hollywood starlet, I'm just a normal person, and I would not date this guy. He's just so clearly a total TOOL in every way, and his looks, which come across okay on screen, are just really strange in real life. And he's teensy-tiny and extremely effeminate. Just basically totally not my type. But whatever, that's not the point."

But she's not finished ...

"... the rest is the stuff of legend at the club. And now, whenever I read that he's dating the latest indie It Girl or whatever, all I can think is 'Wow, she must be a total idiot.'"

In: Amy Goodman. Pint sized leftist fireplug Amy Goodman recently got booked on Tucker Carlson's PBS show and now is slated to appear on Hardball tonight, according to The Observer:

"In keeping with her constituency, Ms. Goodman got booked on Mr. Carlson?s show thanks to a lefty San Francisco cab driver. 'We were having this conversation about politics,' said Mr. Carlson. 'He was a radical lefty?I kind of like that, better than liberals?and he said, Do you know Amy Goodman?, and he said, You gotta have her on. And I called my booker and we booked her."

"'Well, we do have a very large cab-driving audience, for sure,' said Ms. Goodman.

"Mr. Carlson said he had wanted to bring more left guests on his PBS show. 'She?s kind of hostile to America, but it was good,' said Mr. Carlson, who bristled at Ms. Goodman?s contention that cable news coverage is influenced by its conglomerate owners. 'But I don?t think people are trying to please their corporate masters, and so I don?t buy that. She?s a big self-promoter. She gave her satellite coordinates on my show, which bugged me.'"

Out: The UN Oil For Food Quagmire. The Corsair was born into a UN family. He was educated at the UN School in Manhattan. About a good half dozen of his relatives work at the United Nations. That's why this scandal is particularly disgusting, and the ineffective fuzzy wuzzy teddy bear of a Secretary General Kofi Annan clearly ought to just step aside and let someone more forceful and less drunk on bureaucratic corruption take charge, like former Ambassador (China, UN) and US President, George Bush, Senior, who would be a fine replacement if Asia -- who has the next turn -- would agree. There has never been an American Secretary General, and, considering our place in the world, don't you think it's about time?

The AP reports:

"The House International Relations Committee, which is also investigating corruption in the program, is holding a hearing.

"Committee investigators said they had uncovered evidence showing that Saddam Hussein diverted money from the oil-for-food program to pay millions of dollars to families of Palestinian suicide bombers who carried out attacks on Israel.

"The former Iraqi president tapped secret bank accounts in Jordan -- where he collected bribes from foreign companies and individuals doing illicit business under the humanitarian program -- to reward the families up to $25,000 each, investigators told The Associated Press."

In: Nicolette Sheridan and Monday Night Football. Hard to believe that this vixen gets so many people hot and bothered:



The NY Post has a transcript of the skit that is causing political chaos:

"In the scene, Sheridan, as her 'Desperate Housewives' character Edie Britt, confronts (Terri Owens) in full uniform in the Eagles' deserted lockerroom.

Hey there, Terrell," she says.
Owens: What are you doing here?
Sheridan: My house burned down, and I needed to take a long, hot shower. Where are you off to looking so pretty?
Owens: Baby, it's 'Monday Night Football.' Game starts in 10 minutes.
Sheridan (looking seductive): You and your little game. I've got a game we can play . . .
Owens: Will you stop it. All of Philadelphia is counting on me.
Sheridan said, I can't help myself. I love you, T.O.
Owens: Then how about you tell me what's buried underneath that pool.
Sheridan: You know I can't tell you that.
Owens: Then I got a game to play.
Sheridan: Terrell, wait.
Then, Sheridan drops her towel.
Owens: Aw hell, the team's going to have to win this one without me."

...that's it?











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron:
I have a new link....I'll email it to you. - Casey