Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Lloyd Grove is Getting Stronger

There is no question about it, Lloyd Grove's Lowdown is improving. I mean, no, it's not the consistently solid Rush and Molloy or the magnificent Page Six, but it is consistently okay, which is much better than it was a few months ago.


So, Media Life asked Grove which recent stories have provoked the most reaction, he answered:

"I probably have done between 300 and 400 items since I started the column, but some standouts that come to mind are: scooping the world on Gwyneth Paltrow's pregnancy, ripping the cover off the sexually explicit Abercrombie and Fitch Quarterly, and reporting Kerry Kennedy Cuomo reading the riot act at Michael's to Dan Klores over his spinning of her split from Andrew.

I know, I know I was hard on our man Grove. On November 13th, I actually wrote:

"Lloyd Grove Job watch

How long do you think Lloyd Grove will survive in this town if he recycles old Jackie Kennedy gossip about her priest/confidante?

"I mean, The Corsair loves Rush and Molloy. Those guys know how to hustle and get the scoop. And of course The Corsair loves Page Six. But Lloyd Grove is the worst. I don't think I have ever read something that made me widen my eyes in wonder.

"The Corsair gives Grove another two months before the mercurial Mort Zuckerman sends him packing back to K Street."

Ouch (cringes). How does one correct such a wicked post? To paraphrase Chicago, sweet Lloyd:

"Everybody needs a little time away, I heard her say, from each other /
Even lover's need a holiday far away from each other/"
Hold me now. It's hard for me to say I'm sorry. I just want you to stay."

Keep on keeping on, Lloyd





No comments: